October

October is lining up to be one of the busiest months for me.  I haven't written in awhile and partially due to the fact that I have been creating up a storm for some upcoming shows!  I will have a booth at a local wine festival which has consumed most of my time but I also have some art exhibits that are approaching. 

I was invited to participate in an art exhibit called "20 Cover Girls".  We have a local arts paper that is called the El Paso Scene.  The EP Scene always features art on its monthly covers.  So, 20 women who have had their art grace the cover of the Scene were asked to participate in the 20th anniversary of this paper! 


Most of the women are painters.  There are a couple of a photographers.  I am the only mosaic artist.  We were asked to create something "El Paso" for the show.  So I got to work on an 18" x 18" mosaic piece.   If you have never been to El Paso, Prickley Pear cactus grace the landscapes here.  I've always been intrigued by them so I chose the Prickley Pear as my subject.  The piece I created is quite different from those that I have done before.  It isn't very abstract like my other pieces. 

I used stained glass, broken plates and tile along with millifiore to represent the "prickleys".  The show begins Oct 24 and runs through the first of the year!  If you are local, be sure to go check it out.  This is the piece that I submitted~


Peace~
Natalie

Comments