Backyard Project

I am slowly moving through these huge orders and just received a couple of more. Very happy about that! Although I am very busy, I have decided to continue with the backyard project regardless. I am quite anxious to work some magic back there. And, my husband just notified me that he wants me to mosaic the patio that our lawn furniture sits on too. So, I have got my hands full!
To refresh your memory, I mentioned that we have wall panels around the pool area to keep our babies out. Some of the wall panels have these very cool nichos. I did some tile work around the nichos awhile back. (see above photo)

Some of the wall panels are just blank- no nichos and these are the ones that I plan to do some artwork on. I have been brainstorming on what I should mosaic on them as I do not want to cover the entire panel...just portions of it. I've had several thoughts ranging from an abstract design to actual images, such as the sun. Another thought was to create a garden scene with flower tiles and leaves etc.
Above is a photo of a couple of the panels. This is the "before" photo. Personally, I am leaning more toward a garden scene with lots of color. The top right image on my blog (flowers & leaves) was a piece that I did for the Etsy Mosaic Team. That particular piece sold but it continues to inspire me on a daily basis. I think it is calling out to me. LOL. With that in mind, I am going to try to plan out the garden scene. Very excited about this :)
Peace, Love & Tile / Natalie

Comments