New York City Trip





Oh my, it is already November. And, I am just realizing that I never posted about my NYC trip. It was amazing to go back to my old stomping ground. My husband had a business trip and I tagged along for the fun of it. I visited my old neighborhood and all the places that I used to love to go to. We had some wonderful food and even went to my favorite Thai restaurant!

Central Park was absolutely beautiful with its trees changing colors, as seen in photo. The weather was gorgeous. I remember October being very cold and needing a jacket when I lived there. It was unseasonably warm while we visited and many in short sleeves. We could not have asked for better weather! It was even warm enough for the Naked Cowboy to do his thing. You don't see much of him in the winter time.

My transportation of choice is definitely the subway system. I noticed that many of the subway stops have updated their decor since I last lived there and visited. Back then, many of the stops had tile that lined their waiting terminals. Now, many of them have interesting mosaics upon them. I was able to get a few photos of the stops but not all. I did enjoy seeing the mosaics though!













These are just a few of the mosaic photos that I took. I visited some wonderful galleries in Soho and came upon some incredible artworks. I also visited the art museums and am feeling quite inspired now. It is always good to get out and see the works of others in different cities. It definitely gives you a new perspective.
Reflecting on my trip to NYC, I am now realizing that 2008 was the year to visit my past. In early January, I went to Tucson, Arizona for a Spa Birthday party. I went to school at the University of Arizona and it was so wonderful to go back and visit. I absolutely love Tucson. The memories of my college years came rushing back.
In July, I went to Oklahoma City for my 20th high school reunion. This was the most exhilarating trip...seeing my old friends and re-visiting my childhood. Love this place that used to be home. Then, in October to visit NYC where I lived while working at Polo Jeans Company.
Visiting my past has been an interesting roller coaster ride of emotions. But, I love where I am at in life now, as well!
The elections are upon us. Go make your voice heard...VOTE.

Comments