Hashimoto Disease - The Diagnosis

I am now ready to talk about my health issues and what I am going through.  I want to be able to help people who are in the same boat and hopefully we can inspire each other.  I wanted to incorporate this into my already established art blog, as I still feel the two go hand in hand for me.  My art has been so therapeutic for me through this time of trial and would like to share with my readers.  I am sure some of you out there have experienced similar situations.

In 2013, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis even before any tests were given to me.  Apparently, I had a goiter that was apparent in my neck.  My doctor was surprised that I had never noticed it.  I hadn't.  I look at my self in the mirror every day and probably never noticed the gradual enlargement in my neck.  The goiter was located on my neck in the area of the Adam's Apple and appeared swollen in the mirror.

The doctor explained that he would run the proper blood work to confirm but that he was positive on his diagnosis.  Then, explained that I would forever be on medicine, as there is no cure.  He wasn't interested in helping me figure out what caused this.  He was only interested in diagnosing and prescribing, which was frustrating.

Shocked and stunned, I was.  However, at this point in time, I wasn't experiencing terrible effects from the disease.  Looking back on it now, when I began, I hardly had any of the typical Hashimoto symptoms so it wasn't so bad at first.
_________________________________________________________________________________

We move to Oklahoma at the end of 2014. By Spring of 2015, I began noticing some odd symptoms pop up from time to time.  The symptoms would show and then leave as quickly as they came so didn't think much about it at first.  Some of those symptoms were anxiety, breathing issues, swallowing issues, pain in throat area, aches and pains that I never had experienced before, and several other symptoms.  The aches and pains felt as if I was an old woman when getting out of bed.

As time went on, these symptoms would become more frequent and last longer.  I visited with a new doctor, who wrote my symptoms off.  Went to another doctor.  Again, nobody was listening to me. Nobody seemed interested in helping me.  The symptoms grew in strength, to the point that I went to the allergist thinking that the breathing issues were asthma related.  They renewed my prescription for the inhaler and sent me on my way.

In 2016, there was one time  my neck felt so swollen and ached so bad that I couldn't even swallow water.  I thought I was going to choke.  This is when I decided to take my health into my own hands and began my research into Autoimmune Diseases and Hashimoto's. The one book that saved my life, that I highly recommend, is Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Root Cause by Izabella Wentz, PharmD, FASCP.   Thank you Izabella for your brilliance.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I found, in my readings, that there are many causes for this disease as well as other autoimmune diseases.  It can be hereditary, but it can also be from stress, food or dietary, toxins, or leaky gut issues to name a few.  Most of these causes were items that I could actually do something about.  This is when I began my journey to health.

I am doing my best to eliminate what I can.  I am trying to get my rest and have less stress in my life (my art has been helpful here), I have changed my diet to a Paleo style diet - almost Autoimmune Diet and I am removing toxins from my body where I can by eliminating processed foods, eating organics, no pesticides on food, drinking water from glass and using Essential Oils and Supplements.  I am beginning to feel better.  I have had some success.  I hear with more time, it gets better too.

After getting into Essential Oils and reading how much they can help to support our bodies, I realize how we as humans are bombarded with chemicals every where we turn.   Our laundry detergents, home cleaning products, and many other things have terrible ingredients that we are subjected to! Want to kick some chemicals out of your house, your food and body?  I do!  Join me in this crazy combination of Art, Food, Essential Oils, and overall Health journey of a blog!  If interested, you can find out more about the Essential Oils that I use, please click on the caption below the photo.  I am a Distributor and would love to have you join! Contact me for further details, if needed.
Young Living Essential Oils - Click here



Comments